Thursday, September 28, 2023

How Do You Express Your Grief?


Have you ever felt like you were under so much pressure, from outside forces, that it felt like you were in a vice? Inside, you’re frustrated, exhausted, discouraged, and defeated? Well, I guess we’ve all been there. But the question is, how does God want you to express your grief to him? Because he does want you to do that. And he doesn’t want you to hold back.  

Friends, prayer isn’t supposed to be safe; prayer is supposed to be real.  But there is a right way to be real, and a wrong way to be real. And there is a big difference between godly lament and grumbling.

Lament is “God, this is where I am at, this is how I feel, and it is so very difficult to try and endure, I need you.” Grumbling is “God, I can’t believe you have left me in this situation, I don’t deserve this, and I can’t (or won’t) worship you like this.” Those are completely different expressions.

God already knows what you’re thinking. What he wants is for you to learn to lament, rather than grumble. It’s time to get real. See the light, feel the heat, and praise the Lord! 


“Living For Today With An Eye For Tomorrow”©

No comments: