Monday, December 18, 2023

I’m Better when I’m Broken


I saw a sign that asked, what works better when it’s broken? The answer was a horse. And I thought, that’s right. An unbroken horse never wins a race. An unbroken horse is never even in a race.

And then I thought about that some more. What works better when it’s broken? A Christian. Then they understand what Jesus told the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9 – My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. And then they can truly reply like Paul did in vs.10 – For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Those verses are easy to read, but that truth is hard to live. But if God is going to use you, he is going to break you, in order to make you. You see, God only uses broken vessels. You’re better when you’re broken.   


“Living For Today With An Eye For Tomorrow”©

No comments: