USE THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN TO THIS POST
Listen to the audio or you might get the wrong idea. The New Testament teaches grace giving. We will first look at the concept of tithing as seen in the Old Testament, and then discuss how this relates to the New Testament, and what it teaches about giving and stewardship in general.
Deuteronomy 14 – principle of provision (vs.22ff)
• There was a yearly trip to make the tithe and they ate part of it (joyful feast)
• You learn to fear God by learning to trust Him
• A portion goes to Levites
• Those who had too much to carry could bring cash to be converted later
• Special offering every three years as benevolence for the marginalized
• Blessing from God for obedience (giving to God by giving to people)
• God provides for His people through His people.