Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Camp 2

To the tune of “Isn’t she lovely” by Stevie Wonder

Isn’t He lovely
Isn’t He wonderful
Isn’t He precious
And so adorable

I can believe
What God has done
He has given us
His own Son

Isn’t He lovely
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Kazoos

I can believe
What God has done
He has given us
His own Son

Isn’t He lovely
Yeah, yeah, yeah

To the tune of “All you need is love” by the Beatles

He can make you happy when you feel sad
He can make it good when things go bad
If you want to have a friend who’s love for you will have no end
It’s easy

All you need is God
All you need is God
All you need is God, God
God is all you need

There’s nothing you can do He can’t forgive
Just turn to Him in trust and then you’ll live
When you don’t know what to do you know the Bible will show you
It’s easy

All you need is God
All you need is God
All you need is God, God
God is all you need

To the tune of “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Kazoos intro

Bible readin’, pages turnin’ (kazoos)
Readin’ ‘bout Jesus, He’s my friend
You know one day I’m gonna meet Him
Thinkin’ ‘bout heaven once again

My home is in heaven
Where the streets are paved with gold
My home is in heaven
Jesus Christ He saved my soul

When I’m in church I sing about it
But you know some people put it down
I hope those people will remember
Jesus Christ is my Lord now, anyhow

My home is in heaven
Where the streets are paved with gold
My home is in heaven
Jesus Christ He saved my soul

Interlude

My home is in heaven
Where the streets are paved with gold
My home is in heaven
Jesus Christ He saved my soul


10 comments:

Taliesin said...

So should we start calling you "Weird JD"?

Even So... said...

You wouldn't be the first...

Even So... said...

I want to say right now that we will be posting a very important article for Friday and probably leave it up a few days, it will be a review of a new book entitled "Putting Jesus In His Place", and I am extremely excited about it...look for it...

Halfmom said...

OK - I can get the first two out to the right tunes - but Sweet Home, I'm just having trouble making it work.

What fun creativity!!

Taliesin said...

The next question is when are the videos coming out. I can see you and Eddie Murphy doing Stevie Wonder impersonations for "Isn't He Lovely". Maybe you could do one of those Celine Dion/Elvis things with you and John Lennon for "All You Need Is God" or with Ronnie V. Z. for "My Home Is In Heaven".

Seriously, these have been great. I have appreciated the talent of Weird Al lyrically. I don't see why it takes any less talent to write new lyrics for a tune than it took to write the first lyrics for a tune. One of the elders at a church I attended before moving back to Indiana challenged the congregation to come up with new words to an old hymn that they were concerned had a bit of aberrant theology. I tried and got nowhere.

And I bet this is as fun for the adults who are more familiar with the originals as it is for the kids.

Even So... said...

It is, using the old tunes gets everyone into it, and we are all singing about God, together...thanks for the encouragement...

Craver Vii said...

The kazoos... that's what really works for me!

Anonymous said...

JD - Oh, I'm homesick for the sound of kazoo's and kids! I bet you guys are having a blast this year and blessing those kids greatly. I'm sorry that I am missing out on this -

Lynda R

Even So... said...

Lynda, thanks, and today was even better, we did a revised version of "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple (kazoos galore), which was "Jesus walked on water"

We also took "I want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow, and made it "I love Jesus", which the kids were singing as I got in my car this afternoon to leave...

David said...

I don't know, JD. I'm not sure I approve. Still, I can't help smiling...