Saturday, January 14, 2023

Living the Jesus Life


Living the Jesus life is about being a disciple and making disciples, in all the ups and downs and all arounds of life. Disciples are people. And people have problems, and pain, and everything else. They need to see what your lived out faith looks like. How you deal with life when you are forced out of your comfort zone. How you deal with stress when life stresses you. How you deal with setback and loss and failure and misery. How you handle success. How you handle rejection. How you get back up when you’ve fallen down. How you handle all of life with your life. Your Jesus life.

Now hold on a minute. Let’s not take Jesus out of this equation. You see, it’s not that Jesus expects you to handle all of these things perfectly well so as to set a perfect example for others. No, only Jesus is undefeated. Sometimes God will allow you to be defeated. But it is for God’s glory and your good. It reminds you of something. It shows the world something. It proclaims the Gospel, the aim of The Great Commission. We get defeated so that our defeat can shed light on Jesus’ victory. His victory for us. His victory over us. Sometimes it feels like I am failing as a disciple. But my Jesus is never failing me! None of my defeats can defeat my champion! Jesus is my eternal life!

People say that God will never give you more than you can handle. But that isn’t true. God will give you more than you can handle so you can hand it over to him. You learn to put yourself in his hands. And trust him, even when it feels like he is squeezing you. And you praise his name, whatever may come. Sometimes there is no answer but to look to your one true answer. Jesus Christ, the source of my life. All else may fail, and I may fail, but Jesus is not going to fail, and he is not going to fail me. I can win it all or lose it all, but Jesus is still my all in all. Psalm 73:26 says – My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

Living the Jesus life is about being a disciple and making disciples, in all the ups and downs and all arounds of life. Because your life is a living witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your life is part of The Great Commission!


“Living For Today With An Eye For Tomorrow”©

No comments: