Tuesday, April 29, 2008

60 Seconds (2)

INTEGRITY

Zig Ziglar stated, “The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.” The word integrity means, “wholeness.” In mathematics, an integer is a number that is not divided into fractions. Thus, integrity means that a man is not divided in his heart or in his conduct.

The ancient Job said, “Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me,” Job 27:5. The word he used here for integrity means, “whole, upright, and fullness in measure.” In Psalm 26, David declared that he began in integrity, and will end in integrity. In verse one, he says, “I HAVE walked in my integrity,” and, concludes, “I WILL walk in my integrity.” He had learned that integrity must govern his life.

A study was done with over 40 executives, some of which had been fired, or forced to retire early, and others who had made it all the way to the top. All possessed extreme talent and remarkable strengths, yet flawed by one or more weakness. However, a closer study revealed that a certain type of flaw kept cropping up in a large number of them, and that one error, when committed, always led to their demise. The researchers called it “the unforgivable sin – betraying a trust.” Their lack of consistency and predictability built over time that says, “I will keep my word, and you can count on me,” is what ruined their careers.

Alan Simpson said, “If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.” John Bunyan, author of “Pilgrims Progress,” after being in Bedford jail for years because of religious convictions, was offered by the magistrate to be released if he would cease his preaching on freedom of religion. He replied, “I will let the moss grow off of my eyebrows before I make a slaughterhouse of my conscience or a butchery of my principles.” Chuck Swindoll reminds us, “Real integrity stays in place whether the test is adversity or prosperity.”

Dave Arnold, Pastor, Gulf Coast Worship Center, New Port Richey, Florida

“Living For Today With An Eye For Tomorrow”©

6 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

Excellent post!

Words on truth said...

It's is possible that I could be on the wrong tract here, however, it seems like integrity is much like what the Bible says about gray hair.
Proverbs 16:31
Gray hair is a crown of glory;it is gained in a righteous life.
One of those things that can't be found in ones youth, (for most people) but though life's trials and hardship coming out the far end holding fast to what we have been taught. Holding fast to the examples of Christ and those in an honorable elder position. Like my pastor and his wife.
What do you think?

Even So... said...

It can be something that is developed over time, but those whom have it may acquire it in a shorter time, and those who don't may have waited a long time, and so it is not only time, but commitment...

Even So... said...

The Lord shows us the "structural integrity" of our lives by shaking our world (Hebrews 12:26-27)...

Even So... said...

I also wrote a post on "Structural Integrity" in January 2008 that you might be interested in, Paul...

http://voiceofvision.blogspot.com/2008/01/structural-integrity.html

Words on truth said...

thanks JD